Moving on from Trunk

Moving on from Trunk



Today I'm sharing the news that I have now left my position as Creative Director at Trunk. 


This is something that I am sad to be announcing as I have made such good friends and worked on some brilliant projects in my time at the agency as we have doubled in numbers and moved to bigger premises. However, I am leaving on good terms and I'm sure we will still work together on projects in the future in some capacity as I continue to work with the team in an Associate Director role.


I will now be taking a bit of time out consider what to do next with a view to working freelance for the time being as well as focussing on my own brands including the Bank of Creativity and One Minute Briefs. And, I am sure there will be many more opportunities to collaborate with the Trunk team moving forward. 

In my time at Trunk, I'm very proud to have worked with such a skilled team of people on projects that have had had a huge impact on the industry and people's lives.


I'm particularly proud of the film we created for Neuroblastoma sufferer Isabella. The team delivered an incredibly emotive film that has been viewed over 20 million times on social media and reached national press and TV. It's helped raise over £80,000 to help her on the way to America for pioneering treatment. The film has also been shortlisted for Drum Creative, The Roses, CIPR and Creative Circle. It also won best social campaign at the Northern Digital Awards. Hopefully we can use this continued exposure to the cause to help raise more money via the creative industry to help Isabella and the family.





Another piece for a good cause was an animation we created for NYAS and young people. It was great to work on the script and communicate the great work that is done for young people through a beautiful animation.




It's also been great to do some TV work with Trunk for the Nextbase sponsorship idents for Driving Entertainment on Dave. I was even an extra in the one below!




Another film we did for Nextbase more recently was a simple dashcam giveaway but we added our own twist to it with a script delivered by our brilliant little actor Hayden. This had hundreds of thousands of views and showed how a simple piece of content can be highly engaging by thinking a little bit differently about it.




With the way Trunk works, I have also been able to work collaboratively with other agencies rather than direct to brand and the opportunity to with the legendary Class of 92 is one I will always remember. Working with the amazing Truth Creative, we created a film to promote the launch of their new educational venture in Manchester, UA92.



I will still be working collaboratively with Trunk on a film we are currently producing for Cybersmile for #StopCyberBullyingDay 2018. We are proud to be official partners of the day alongside Intel, Twitter and WWE. Here's the video we made last year which spread a positive message virally around the world. Myself and Adam even starred in it alongside the likes of Fifth Harmony, UB40 and WWE stars.


 

Trunk also sponsored my One Minute Briefs event when we took it to London and people travelled from around the world to attend. We also created a film to capture the event and the activities and talks from industry leaders that took place which you can see below.





Another global campaign we created was #MerryCritmas. We created the film below as well as this game https://trunk.agency/critmastosser/ to help young creatives across the industry get book crits with Creative Directors. We matched hundreds of people together across the world and featured in numerous creative publications including The Drum and Adweek and engaged a mass audience. See the parody film we made below:



Another thing I've been proud of in my time at Trunk is the team's willingness to be proactive and go above and beyond the norm. Below is a video of the stand we did at Prolific North. We didn't just do any stand, we thought about how it would engage the audience and brought a world record holder freestyler on board to perform his tricks on our astro turf with a backdrop of the team labelled the 'best team in Manchester'. 



As well as this, we would always be looking to create our own content, whether that was documenting our shoots, hosting pool parties, taking Big Mac Challenges from other agencies or doing our own parodies like the Cadbury's one we did below.






Overall, I'm very proud of my time at Trunk and, as you can see above, a lot has happened in my time there and I will always hold good memories. I will take on my great experience with the team into whatever I end up doing next and I'm sure there are many more big campaigns to come. 

Here are a few of those memories below: 




























































Comments